Sunday, November 1, 2009

Inquisitor and Daemons





I did a few more washes on the Plague Daemons, and while waiting for them to dry painted up an inquisitor I have had lying around for some time. I added a few colors from my IG army to help him blend in. I am not sure about the green, but he does not look out of place next to one of my platoons. I have a bowl of soapy water soaking one of the Hector Rexx kits from forge world, so maybe this guy will end up an an Inquisitional henchman. I know I have said it before, but I really do not like working with metal after handling the FW resin first hand. At some point I am going to have to paint some of it up, rather than simply hoarding it until my skills are better!

7 comments:

  1. Maybe you could use the purity seal on the inquisitor to make his armor shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL! I know you don't mean that! You'll see these in person if you hop on a plane and head out east.

    I the idea of using Purity Seal on Plague Daemons is kind of funny by itself. I am going to hunt down the matte finish alternatives on Amazon and see what they can do. I suppose I should put up a side by side comparison. Though in this case the winner is the one that least damages the miniature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you've painted your plaguebearers! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the complement. I keep forgetting that these things are called Plague Bearers not Plague Daemons! A little bit of dry brushing and some directed washes do the trick for me. I am painting up all of the lesser daemons. I suppose at some point I might want to try a daemon army since I will have the troops already. As it stands, I plan to give my chaos marines icons, and just spam lesser daemons. Probably not a good idea in game terms, but I have never seen it done and it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Inquisitor looks good in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A solid bunch of models you have there. Keep up the great work.

    One question though: Is this going to be a radical inquisitor to ally with Daemons, or is he really just getting to know his enemy on the painting table?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just hanging out on the painting table together. Kicking back, telling a few nurgle jokes..

    ReplyDelete