Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Deathwing Victory





My deathwing fought their first battle this past weekend at the local GW, so I thought I should commemorate the event with a class photo! It was only a 1030 point game, but I had a really great time, and can't thank my opponent Bill enough. As some know, the east coast of the US was blanketed by snow this past weekend. I faced a drop pod army captained by Lysander so I did not get to do much deep striking.

I've said ti before, but after that game I can't wait until I have raven wing painted up to join these guys in battle. I think the added maneuverability is going to be a lot of fun, freeing up my terminators to gather kill points.

In terms of painting I have added a lot of little details to the land raider, which are probably visible in the photos. I tried to capture the color and the shading of these guys by using a white poster board to reflect natural light.

This might me my last post this year, so happy holidays to everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats and happy holidays. Love that LR. Awesome Deathwing bone colour and true to fluff stone crux. Nice detailing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This army is a real beaut! Something you can be really proud of!

    I like the dark bases, it contrasts the white bone armor nicely. I'd love to see some battle reports with this army. It's a tough one to play, having so few models on the board.

    congrats on some great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing a full on battle report is one of the things I've wanted to do for some time. I'd love to fight another fully painted army, but so far no luck.

    I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you're ever in the Maryland-DC area, contact me through my blog and we'll set up a game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife and I live on capitol hill, we're just out in MA for the holidays. Let's make this happen in the new year. You have a wonderful Tau Army! I've never played the Tau, which makes it pretty exciting! How about a narrative game?

    ReplyDelete