Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Deathwing WIP






I am churning through deathwing at the moment. Now that I know not to put red and green so closely together on the miniatures I think things are working out. These are really getting an old school clean look to them that I like one moment, and then am irritated by the second. I think I have just gotten used to the idea of mud covered guardsmen that cleanish armor looks weird. The photos do not capture the shading very well, but the I think you get the idea. I met a couple of cool guys named rob at the GW store who were interested in some narrative wargaming, so these DA are being painted up for some hard hitting variety.


The lightning claw guy on the right shows off the inking done with graveyard earth and paint thinner. Once it is dry I paint all of the details, and then go back and clean up the armor.

Now on to basing..would it be weird to base these guys differently than the raven wing they will be supporting?

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of that raider. You seem to make painting look really easy, yet it still looks great. Maybe do a post on how you paint, I am curious. I'm not talking about basecoat/wash/highlight, but what makes your models look great. I have been noticing your painting for a while now. You should be proud.
    Mike
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MIke, that is a great compliment. I may need to bounce some ideas off of you, since I am not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean what tools I use, how I mix my paints, and how I use air brushes? If you can help me understand the question better then I will try to post my methods.

    I am debating weathering an chipping the terminators and the land raider slightly, but just can't get myself to do it, since I am kind of digging the clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to also add that these are extremely impressive minis. I've never given much thought to personnally painting anything white-ish. Seeing these done so well, I may have to start considering it.

    ReplyDelete