Tuesday, December 15, 2009

WIP Deathwing Apothecary




I wish I had produced a few more hooded deathwing models, since I really like the way this guy is turning out. I know people complain all the time about terminators not wearing helmets, but I really like the character that can be head by painting an actual face. It gives the terminator a sense of scale that is really cool. The model still needs to have some cleanup, as well as censor ball, lenses and heraldry. I am not sure if I should paint the vials on the chainfist or just leave them bone colored. This guy represents 5 out of 11, so I am almost at the half way mark!

3 comments:

  1. I continue to be impressed by how great the white looks and how well you pull it off. While I've go no problem with terminators going helmetless, I'm not sure about this particular head. It looks like he's wearing a light grey hoodie under his armor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks really good, but I agree about the hood. I think the grey blends too much with the rest of the mini.

    As for the chainfist, I think a check pattern would look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was planning on adding some red decoration to the hood. I see what you mean though, it does kind of look like he is wearing a sweat shirt under his armor! I like the idea of a checkerboard pattern, but I not that confident with freehand at the moment. Maybe I should should use a decal or something.

    ReplyDelete