Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ravenwing Pt2



I pushed forward with these guys, and at least have a full squad now (minus land speeder). I still need to do all of the touch up paint, and paint the feathers. I just don't have a great method of covering the black yet. I definitely rushed these guys, but I really want my Deathwing to have the homer beacons these guys come with. One full squad gives me 4 locations from which to center my DW assaults.

On the painting side of things, I was thinking about using forgeword powders all along the bottom instead of spraying a tan color with my air brush. I have so much stuff I want to paint right now I am probably going to regret some of the work.

5 comments:

  1. They look great to me, very neat and tidy paintjob from the photo. Let us know how the weathering powders go, I have some but not used them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are looking great! Any chance you could comment about your recipe for black or make a blog post about it? I'm starting on my Ravenwing Squad soon too and could use some advice. Any tips, tricks, or observations you learned while painting them would be really helpful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I primed them chaos black, and then used an airbrush to spray on a 50/50 ultra marines blue chaos black mixture. I then dry brushed astro nomicon greyr. I used a tank brush, but should have used a small drybrush with a tiny amount of paint. I think it is probably worth while doing careful layering instead of drybrushing. I used chardon granite for the tires which look really good in person, but do not show up well on the photos. I think one of my problems was not having dry brushed in a long time. I think these guys would benefit from a black wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have rushed them, but they still look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look really good. Does using an airbrush speed up the process? Do you have any problems with it clogging?

    ReplyDelete