Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DA Vets With Chirugeon Backpacks Pt2


I've done some more work on my vets as you can see. I am not thrilled with the painting on these guys, but that probably has to do with me having such a hard time painting the robes. The backpacks I chose are available from GW still. I noticed that the chirugeon backpacks looked just like the heresy era DA symbol and had to have them. There is a down side though, they are metal and as you might be able to tell from the photos, they keep popping off while I am working on them, leading to all kinds of chipped paint. I've got 5 more of these things, and I really wish I had put them on my AoBR marines to give them some more character as well.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that Cypher's backpack? I didn't know that it was still available ...
    Anyhow, great marines! Have you tried gluing the backpacks with some kind of contact adhesive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contact adhesive? I don't know if superglue counts, but that is what I have been using. When you buy the bits you get 5 of cyphers backpack and one of the the chirugeon medical harness things. I think the medical harness would be great for an ad mech figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. You're always so consistent with great models. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete