Friday, April 16, 2010

Sanguinary Guard WIP 2: Now with wings!






Even though I haven't painted Dante's axe yet, I've moved on to the SG. I painted the wings astro-gray, washed black, and then dry brushed astro grey again followed by two white dry brushes. I was planning on layering the feathers, but I just did not enjoy the task, and figured that the chalky texture from dry brushing would not be bad on things that are supposed to look like wings.

In other news, I finally received my GW blood angels order yesterday, and have been reading through the codex and figuring out how to equip the assault squad to accompany Chapter master Seth. Like my IG, I decided to build up a multi-chapter BA force. I think the mix of units is fluffy as well as interesting to paint.

I've also decided to rebase my entire army. Hopefully this will tie in the different paint styles a little better.

And yet another bit of news. A FW order from ages past just arrived. I just have too many projects going on at the same time!

2 comments: