Saturday, June 26, 2010

Storm Wardens Crusader Complete











I don't normally add crew to vehicles, but since this was a special project, I decided to add two tech marine crew members to the Storm Wardens land raider Tempest. In order to storm warden it up a bit, I added a deathwatch arm to the gunner, and positioned him so it looked like he was using a scanner to fine some xenos filth. I don't recall ever reading about tech marines being seconded to the Deathwatch, but I like the idea. I think this helps the LR blend in a bit with the rest of the storm wardens army.

If I haven't mentioned it, it is a bit intimidating to included in the Storm Wardens group. However, knowing that this LR is going to transport miniatures painted by that illustrious bunch makes this project that much cooler for me personally!

So click on the donate button and help Doctors Without Borders!

5 comments:

  1. Hi John

    This looks great! What colors did you end up using for the dust weathering around the base?

    Don't forget to paint little black dots on the gun barrels, or the tank'll have no luck firing.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nicely detailed! I did expect to see more silver panelling though - all the other Storm Warden models have quite a lot of silver in their livery afterall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed your recipe. I used calthan brown/bleached bone and then over-dusted with more bleached bone mixed into the air brush.

    Gun barrels on the todo list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I'd forgotten it, so thanks for the reminder, I'll be adding some of it to the bottoms of my Drop Pods.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete