Sunday, January 2, 2011

Astral Claws Retaliator Squad Sergeant






Since Bolt Gun did not look that great to me, I decided to try a second AC paint test using codex grey as the base. After I had airbrushed Codex Grey on, I increasingly added white to the mixture and sprayed downwards from the top of the mini. The initial effect was great, so I decided to go one step further and wash on a heavily thinned badab black wash. The wash pooled in places, which should not have been a surprise to me these.

I really like this mini. I've never tried to paint a space marine holding his helmet, so this is a first. I have a little green stuff plume that is curing right now to put on the top of it. It may make the guy look a little too ultra-mariney, but since the Astral Claws used Ultramar as part of their legal defense for the independence of their realm it seems ok right now.

6 comments:

  1. Very tidy. This is a really great high-tabletop miniature. You've got a really great finish and the colour scheme works really well. I especially like the monochrome feel and the gold.

    You've steered away from red gold, which really works very well. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate very inspiring bro its work like this that makes me get back into the painting game.

    Awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Love the gold on his shoulderpad trim.

    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others, he looks great, but I'm torn between the grey vs. the boltgun metal on the other test model. It's pretty much a 50/50 split on which color I like better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This model is miles better than the boltgun metal version. Love the base colours too.

    ReplyDelete