Saturday, January 22, 2011

Plastic DA Chaplain WIP




The new DA FAQ has me pretending I am going to play games again, so I decided to paint up an Interrogator Chaplain as my second HQ to hand with Belial. I grabbed an old BA FW crux, the torso from a Chaos terminator, a chaos marine head, and a chaos maul. I added little bits of cloth that came from who knows where, and a key from some fantasy kit. I don't exactly hate the model, but it just doesn't look right to me. There is no mistaking it on the battlefield, so maybe I'll keep this guy as a sort f weirdly static icon of death.

5 comments:

  1. see, I'm in love with this guy. I'm stealing the maul idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it, you have done a nice job with some cobbled together bits. I agree it is slightly static - if you had access to the striding legs you migt have achieved a more fluid pose - but otherwise, there is no mistaking it for what it is. Which kit did the helmet come from - I am a mad Chaplain fan so any chance to build one - particularly if it can be done in plastic - I will grab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised by the good response, though over time he is growing on me. I wish I had used the striding legs now that you mention it, which do have one extra set of! I think the helmet came from the chaos marines box.

    I added the key to symbolize the locks kept on the fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mini in general but the left hand seems to be a bit off, a bit to low or smthg, esp if you look at the pic of his back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting. I like the style and use of colour. Cobbled miniatures are a great laugh! Let see an update when you're done!

    ReplyDelete