Saturday, October 29, 2011

Warhammer World Tables









One of the great things about Warhammer World that I did not get to fully enjoy was the gaming area. Maybe next time I'll try to find a way to sneak a tiny army into my luggage, but given how irritating international travel is these days, probably not. The tables do beckon me. As you can see from the first photo, the room is packed with really good looking gaming tables, including some really nice Tau themed tables. I really wish I had the opportunity to game on tables this nice looking. GW store tables are nice, but fully themed tables with appropriate amounts of terrain, roads, rivers, and all manor of other cool scenic features really add a lot to the game. I imagine my Blood Angles would look pretty good on that snow blasted wasteland, or fighting through Osgiliath.

Now if I could only work up motivation to paint for the competition tomorrow. I might have to bow out. Jet lag is hitting pretty hard, and all I want to do is relax and watch the snow fall.

3 comments:

  1. Was it worth the trip? I have also thought about a visit to Warhammer World but it would have to be a dedicated trip as I do not have any business relations in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was already in london, so the hour train ride was not bad at all. I viewed the train as just another UK experience. I would not fly to the UK to go to war hammer world, but It is worth an afternoon. I was hoping to see more forge world, and more stuff from WD, but what is there is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, thanks. I will have to plan it as part of a UK vacation then with some other things to do.

    ReplyDelete