Thursday, August 7, 2014

Horus The Warmaster



My Lord of War choice for the NOVA Open narrative event is now completed to a playable level. I have some work to do to complete the model, but since this was a last minute list change, I thought it important to get 99% of the way done. Horus still need to have final face highlights, and then dust applied to his legs. After that I think he will be fit to lead the Legion into battle.

Initially I was really worried about making the scenic base fit with the rest of the army, but I think the application of green earth weathering powders did the trick.

On to the jet bikes!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning work, man! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pimp. Capital P. I love it, and I'm glad I didn't have to face him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! You did a really nice job on the base as well. Looks like proper marble. That army looks amazing. Glad you'll be at nova so I can check it out in person! When a mini looks good in a photo, it generally looks breathtaking in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to be on the humanity or virtue side?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad, I won't be able to fight against him then. I shoulda picked virtue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how horus has..uhm...loyalty issues right? We'll see what side he ends up on. :)

      Delete
    2. Horus Lupercal is the most loyal son of the Emperor; you could be killed for saying that!

      Delete
    3. I look forward to meeting you in person at the event MasterSlowPoke. Are you in the warlord track or the standard one?

      I am playing in the warlord track, which has a strategic pairing element apparently, so we can help setup the evenings games. I'd be happy as a Sons of Horus player to fight for both sides. I'll suggest a 'betrayal' game to the organizers. :)

      Delete