Thursday, September 22, 2016

Wargames Table Almost Complete




































Our club game is only three days away, and at this point I think I can rest from relentlessly pushing forward on this table. What you see in these photos is a table built entirely from scratch. There are some commercial plastic details, such as the lamp posts, and park fencing, but by and large this table was designed and cast in dental plaster. There are so many unfinished buildings, and half painted details, but I think the table works. Now if I could only get that tape off of the rim of the table!

15 comments:

  1. At least I'm missing this one for a great reason. Table looks phenomenal John. Just missing a king tiger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I'm missing this one for a great reason. Table looks phenomenal John. Just missing a king tiger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got the best reason possible to miss a game. Congratulations again!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning work, man - that looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous.

    Your 'unfinished' looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sweet! Great job! Immediately recognizable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! Just need to dull down those few shop fronts to blend in I reckon. Ultra realistic river and riverside. Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to stumble into it and destroy everything.

    I mean play a game on it on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Astounding work. Like many, I aspire to have something half as good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gaming group is lucky to have such a talented modeller producing scenery for games. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! That's a bloody brilliant piece of a table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! You really nailed Arnhem there.

    ReplyDelete